Topics

Spy Server issue #sdrsharp #RTL #spyserver #raspberrypi

johntg@...

I set up a Spy Server running on a Raspberry Pi and an rtl-sdr.com dongle.  It was running fine for awhile, but now every time I try to connect to it, I get the following error message from SDR#:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.20:5555   (which is the local address of my server on my network).

In order to connect, I have to restart Spy Server.  I can then connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, etc. but it seems that after I shut down the PC that I'm running SDR# on, when I restart it and try to connect. I get this error message.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

N2LCX

microp11@...

Please note, I do not know about Raspberry Pi, so this might not be of much help but will give some ideas:

On Windows this could happen:
- when the server is listening on a different port.
- when the server's IP address changes due to a DHCP reallocation. Also is the client PC changing the IP and the Raspberry pi server expects a particular client ip?
- due to a firewall
- due to proxy mode on the server's connection
- due to timing issues
- due to other program listening to the same port
- due to not enough permissions.

This is a link I found that also gives some relevant explanation.
https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/426966/System-Net-Sockets-SocketExcep