Updated Zoom FFT plugin in SDR# r1645

prog

Check the new updated Zoom FFT plugin with sub 1 Hz resolution. When you reduce the IF bandwidth, the IF is decimated further before FFT, which increases the resolution of the display. Note however that at these zoom levels, the update rate is very low - that's completely expected.
Enjoy!

http://airspy.com/download

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Can't we tune now from IF Spectrum Window?

prog

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:29 am, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) wrote:
Can't we tune now from IF Spectrum Window?
It's a complete rewrite of the plugin. More features coming.

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Good.... waiting for it :-)

Terry Gaff

Edited

Youssef,
How about a feature that enables the measurement of say, an FSK signal. Where two (or more) drag-able lines are moved to each peak, displaying each frequency (eg in Hz) and the shift (distance between the two) is also displayed. A pause and un-pause button would be great also for short burst signals.. I posted on this in the RTL-SDR forums also. To illustrate, see image below. The audio spectrum in Vasiily's Audio Processor plugin has a drag-able red line that displays audio frequency, a very handy feature, but having two (at least) lines, as described above, in the IF spectrum, would be a really handy tool.
Terry

Terry Gaff

Updated image from my message above.
Terry

prog

The base algo is now done. Vasili can port it to the other plugins easily. But this reminds me I did not enable the mouse hot tracking - done in r1646.

pmr1wrt

Morning Youssef,
Get updated to #1646 and reading about the Rewrite/Updated Zoom FFT plugin, very nice...
Problem is, if you minimized #1646 to taskbar and maximized later, the IF Spectrum don't work anymore.
If you reactivated Enable Audio from this plugin, IF Spectrum works again.

Cheers,

Rene

prog

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:48 am, pmr1wrt wrote:
Problem is, if you minimized #1646 to taskbar and maximized later, the IF Spectrum don't work anymore.
Fixed in 1647. Windows decided that when a window is reduced, its size is zero - and the size is used to determine the RBW.

Sergey Abramov <sergey.rw3ps@...>

prog

I use SDR# for Spyserver on the Raspberry and celebrates the worst behavior of the spectrum in the latest revision of the program. Watch video. In version 1645 the spectroscope is much more alive than that in 1647-1649. Hope this will help you for corrections.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 09:08 am, Sergey Abramov wrote:

prog

I use SDR# for Spyserver on the Raspberry and celebrates the worst behavior of the spectrum in the latest revision of the program. Watch video. In version 1645 the spectroscope is much more alive than that in 1647-1649. Hope this will help you for corrections.
How do you expect anyone to reproduce your custom configuration using a video?

Hint: https://airspy.groups.io/g/main/message/27413

Especially this part:
Always recheck your steps to reproduce on a new system with the default configuration

Sergey Abramov <sergey.rw3ps@...>

Ок. I have launched a new system and default settings for two versions. The behavior of the spectroscope in 1645 is still much better.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 09:08 am, Sergey Abramov wrote:

prog

I use SDR# for Spyserver on the Raspberry and celebrates the worst behavior of the spectrum in the latest revision of the program. Watch video. In version 1645 the spectroscope is much more alive than that in 1647-1649. Hope this will help you for corrections.
How do you expect anyone to reproduce your custom configuration using a video?

Hint: https://airspy.groups.io/g/main/message/27413

Especially this part:
Always recheck your steps to reproduce on a new system with the default configuration

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Running fine here 1650 version.
But still not mouse freq tunning on IF Spectrum like before.

Sergey Abramov <sergey.rw3ps@...>

Speed of the spectrum display in 1650 version OK. Thanks.