Date   

Re: Why can't i change samplerate?

Kenneth Sejkora
 

You can force a different sample rate by editing the SDRSharp.exe CONFIG file.  That file is an ASCII text file that you can modify with a text editor like Notepad and contains two vales related to sample rate. 

The first one is about 30 rows down from the top of the file and is something like:
    <add key="minOutputSampleRate" value="96000" />

The second one is about 35 rows up from the bottom of the file and is something like:
    <add key="sampleRate" value="192000 sample/sec" />

You can adjust the values to whatever works for your SDR dongle and system sound card.

I hope this helps.

Ken, WB0OCV Norton, MA USA 41.959546N, 71.133996W



From: Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) <runahue@...>
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:58 PM
Subject: [airspy] Why can't i change samplerate?

Hello:

Using last 32 bits SDR#.

Why can't i change samplerate?
Always fixed to 48000.

Thank's a lot.



Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

prog
 

You are most likely confusing the "dBm" scale with the actual noise floor (Check the MDS in the spec sheet). There are only two things to check in these screenshots:
* SNR => A slight advantage for the HF+
* Overloading => also a slight advantage for the HF+


Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Roberto Zinelli
 

Thank you Simon, nice comparison.  Sure HF+ my next sdr.

Inviato da OldPhone

Il giorno 28 set 2017, alle ore 23:43, Simon Brown <simon@...> ha scritto:

So,

 

Done properly (or at least better) this time: http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

 


Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Joe M.
 

Ahhh... I didn't see there were multiples. The first one (VLF).

The others are more of a trade-off. 10 dB lower noise floor and signal.

Still, quite a respectable performance against a unit that costs around 10 times more.

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 6:01 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
Which comparison?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe
M.
Sent: 28 September 2017 22:57
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like 10 dB lower noise floor AND 10
dB more signal. (a 20 dB overall gain in range)

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 5:43 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
So,

Done properly (or at least better) this time:
http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com






---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com


Re: SDR# stopped working

safar2000@...
 

Do you try fresh install to new place?


Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

W0LEV
 

I'm guessing you refer to the VLF non-directional beacon plots.  Remember, its not about absolute levels but (S+N)/N ratios.

Dave - WØLEV 

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
Which comparison?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe
M.
Sent: 28 September 2017 22:57
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like 10 dB lower noise floor AND 10
dB more signal. (a 20 dB overall gain in range)

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 5:43 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
> So,
>
> Done properly (or at least better) this time:
> http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
> www.sdr-radio.com










--
Dave - WØLEV
Just Let Darwin Work


Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Simon Brown
 

Which comparison?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe
M.
Sent: 28 September 2017 22:57
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like 10 dB lower noise floor AND 10
dB more signal. (a 20 dB overall gain in range)

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 5:43 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
So,

Done properly (or at least better) this time:
http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com


Re: HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Joe M.
 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like 10 dB lower noise
floor AND 10 dB more signal. (a 20 dB overall gain in range)

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 5:43 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
So,

Done properly (or at least better) this time:
http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com


HF+ vs NetSDR Comparison

Simon Brown
 

So,

 

Done properly (or at least better) this time: http://sdr-radio.com/AirspyHFPlus

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

 


Re: HF+ WX Reception

prog
 

I will never trust an active splitter again.


Re: HF+ WX Reception

Simon Brown
 

Ah,

 

The measurements are all wrong. Am writing a new blog post, will post here when ready. Start saving for the HF+ 😊 .

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 28 September 2017 17:37
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] HF+ WX Reception

 

And here’s a similar shot using the NetSDR with extra good TXCO, same antenna as HF+.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com


Re: Why can't i change samplerate?

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)
 

I understand.
Tnx a lot.


Re: HF+ WX Reception

Simon Brown
 

Yes,

 

I did when I first received it and added support. From memory the HF+ has better MDS & Dynamic Range, I could bring it into the radio room/office but it’s usually in use remotely by a colleague in the US.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of n2msqrp
Sent: 28 September 2017 19:55
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] HF+ WX Reception

 

Simon,

 

Have you had a chance check out the VHF reception on the Elad FDM-S2?

 

Mike N2MS

 

 

On 9/28/2017 1:30 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Ruben,

 

I have everything 😊 . I’ll get the log periodic onto the rotator and then do some proper tests.
Playing with 2m and Marine 156MHz produces quite amazing results, the radio is unbelievably sensitive yet doesn’t overload.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

 


 

 


Re: Why can't i change samplerate?

prog
 

If something is grayed, it means it's not applicable to your context.
You are not streaming from a sound card.


Why can't i change samplerate?

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)
 

Hello:

Using last 32 bits SDR#.

Why can't i change samplerate?
Always fixed to 48000.

Thank's a lot.


Re: HF+ WX Reception

N2MS
 

Simon,


Have you had a chance check out the VHF reception on the Elad FDM-S2?


Mike N2MS

 


On 9/28/2017 1:30 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Ruben,

 

I have everything 😊 . I’ll get the log periodic onto the rotator and then do some proper tests.
Playing with 2m and Marine 156MHz produces quite amazing results, the radio is unbelievably sensitive yet doesn’t overload.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com




 



Re: HF+ WX Reception

W0LEV
 

I don't know about the HF+, but the AirSpy is completely capable of displaying the entire FM BCB.  Use SpectrumSpy.  Not only that, but it can show per a spectrum analyzer sytle display, the full range of the AirSpy, roughly 25 MHz through 1.8 GHz.  All this without dropping at the band edges.

Dave - WØLEV


On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Marcus D. Leech <mleech@...> wrote:

AirSpy receives 6M just fine, as do a whack of others...

 

 

 

On 2017-09-28 13:05, Les Rayburn wrote:

Excited to hear of Simon's tests with the Airspy HF+. Thinking that it has great potential for serious medium wave DXing on this side of the pond. The VHF receiver also makes it a strong contender for FM Band DXing. 
 
However, the ability of some SDR's to record the entire FM band at one time such as the Elad FDM-S3 will likely relegate the Airspy HF+ into the role of a more specialized receiver such as meteor scatter reception on FM. 
 
I'm sure it must have something to do with clock timing, etc. but I'm curious why this SDR (and many others) continue to lack the ability to receive the 6 Meter band? That seems their only flaw for amateur radio use. 
 
What's the market ETA on this one? I want to order one now! :-) 

73,
 
Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA. 
 
Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip. 
 
"Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else's favorite song..." 




--
Dave - WØLEV
Just Let Darwin Work


Re: SDR# stopped working

Emil <amortalis@...>
 

Hello
try to repair the C++  runtime if not then try a system restore

Emil


On Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:09 PM, Matthias Bopp <matthias.bopp@...> wrote:


Dear all,
 
I have been running SDR# for a long time but a few days it stopped working.
 
When starting the application, I get an error window stating that the application cannot be started because the side-by-side configuration is not valid.
 
I suppose I have something broken in the setup of the PC but have no clue what to do. All other applications are running fine.
 
The PC is running Windows 7.
 
Any hints / help is appreciated.
 
Best regards
 
Matthias DD1US
 
 



Re: HF+ WX Reception

Marcus D. Leech <mleech@...>
 

AirSpy receives 6M just fine, as do a whack of others...

 

 

 

On 2017-09-28 13:05, Les Rayburn wrote:

Excited to hear of Simon's tests with the Airspy HF+. Thinking that it has great potential for serious medium wave DXing on this side of the pond. The VHF receiver also makes it a strong contender for FM Band DXing. 
 
However, the ability of some SDR's to record the entire FM band at one time such as the Elad FDM-S3 will likely relegate the Airspy HF+ into the role of a more specialized receiver such as meteor scatter reception on FM. 
 
I'm sure it must have something to do with clock timing, etc. but I'm curious why this SDR (and many others) continue to lack the ability to receive the 6 Meter band? That seems their only flaw for amateur radio use. 
 
What's the market ETA on this one? I want to order one now! :-) 

73,
 
Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA. 
 
Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip. 
 
"Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else's favorite song..." 


Re: HF+ WX Reception

prog
 

I would rather put the wide band FM stuff in the "specialty" category. Especially that all the existing wide band receivers lack the dynamic range and filtering required to decode the weak signals "they see". That's exactly the problem the "+" of the HF+ is solving.

18201 - 18220 of 42039