Re: The recorded WAV file

Alberto I2PHD

On 8/8/2013 7:28 PM, Chuck wrote:

I would humbly suggest to read the Wikipedia.org article on LAME:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAME

This is a highly accurate, compacted, up-to-date on the subject. It lowers the "worry factor"
regarding horrendous license fees and legalities, presuming one uses LAME properly.

Just for the record (no pun intended...) in my FunSDR program, meant for the Funcube and never released
(when it was almost ready, the FCD Pro+ came out and I did not want to shell out another 200 Euro for it),
I offer the capability to record the audio of the station currently received in MP3 format, using the LAME
encoder. It works quite well, and it is quite easy to use.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD