Re: SDR Sharp on Linux

Alberto I2PHD

On 7/14/2013 7:12 AM, Murat wrote:

With this single command I could download, build and install most suitable version of the whole complete package of GNU Radio and GNU Radio Companion together with UHD and all dependencies without eny error and warning.

"$ wget http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio && chmod a+x ./build-gnuradio && ./build-gnuradio"

Computer itself worked for about 1 hour something and finished. Ready to use. More than magic.

I tried to do same installation manually in Windows 7 for about 3 weeks day and night without success!

Murat,

� I think it all boils down to the specific experiences and skills of each of us.
Could I have a cent for each hour I spent scratching my head trying to make a Debian installation work
and compile some programs downloaded from Internet, I would be today a rich man ! �� :-)

Never had similar problems with Windows. I do not want to start here an OS war, which would be silly
and non sense. I am just reporting my experiences. And, as said, it all depends on the skills on the
specific environment each of us is using.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD