Re: RTL-SDR / USB

jollyrgr3

I have been doing everything correctly.  There is a piece of information MISSING (or at least for my computer) in the instructions.  I shall explain.

I have been using the Right Click > Run as Administrator for years.  I used this for the install.bat and for Zadig.exe.  Everything appeared to have installed correctly and as far as I know it DID every time.  When I found a working version of rtl_test.exe it told me I didn't have any supported devices installed.  Running SDRSharp.exe gave an error message and no choice showed up for RTL-SDR / USB.

As a hunch I ran SDRSharp.exe with the Right Click > Run as Administrator.  No error message!  In the pull down there was a RTL-SDR / USB choice!  I selected this and hit play.  STATIC.  But the spectrum analyzer had all sort of peaks.  Punching in a known good frequency brought in a local FM station.  I exit and run SDRSharp.exe without Administrator and I'm back to the error message and no RTL-SDR / USB.

Same thing with rtl_test.exe.  If I run command prompt as a user "No Supported Devices Found".  If I run command prompt as Administrator it finds the device.

There is some wanky Windows permissions settings somewhere that I'll  have to track down.

--- In SDRSharp@..., "jollyrgr3" wrote:
>
> I have been experimenting some more, still no luck. I do not get the RTL-SDR/USB option when running SDR#. Windows says the driver is installed. Zadig says the driver is installed.
>
> I deleted any SDRSharp installs I had and started fresh. I started with the NIGHTLY download. Specifically I went here:
> http://sdrsharp.com/index.php/downloads
> I downloaded this:
> http://sdrsharp.com/downloads/sdr-nightly.zip
>
> I expanded the ZIP file to:
> C:\SDRSharpNIGHTLY
>
> I ran the SDRSharp.exe and did not get the popup message I normally get. Still no RTL-SDR/USB in the pull down. I opened the SDRSharp.exe.config in NotePad and the line for USB was commented out. It was NOT this way in the stable release install.
>
>
>
> I removed the comments. I launched SDRSharp.exe. I get the error message:
>
> Error loading 'SDRSharp.RTLSDR.RtlSdrIO,SDRSharp.RTLSDR' - Could not load the file or assembly 'SDRSharp.RTLSDR' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> A slightly different error than what is generated by the stable release. This gave me something to go on.
>
> I assume this is referring to the SDRSharp.RTLSDR.dll as are the other parameters of a similar nature. Searching the directory there is not a file with this name. Should there be? If so, where do I get it?
>

Join airspy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.