Re: Looking for SDR idea suggestions.

Joe M.

What you are describing sounds like the Fast Scanner plugin for SDR#.

Joe M.

On 11/27/2021 10:38 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
I've looked online on and off for a year or two, and haven't found an
answer, or example to an idea I have.

Something along the lines of a scanner, or scanning, but an entire band,
for example, 10m, or 20m, and if a signal is above a threshold, the
receiver will stop on the frequency. Frequency would be unknown, so the
entire band in reasonable steps for the mode.

Think of it as an old analog scanner search function, set low frequency
limit, then high frequency limit, press search, something pops up,
scanning stops until transmission ends, then continues. The idea is, if
there are close, or strong signals on a band, such as a local net, or
going into an area with some activity, but not sure where it is, the SDR
could track it, so to speak, mode, AM, FM, SSB, et cetera, could be set
after the first few hits.

From what I understand, an SDR is fast, so it seems if a signal pops up
anywhere, and was above a threshold, searching/locking, then continuing
would be nearly instantaneous until the next transmission

Anyone doing this already? I've found mention of people using some SDRs
as a scanner, and putting in a few frequencies, like channels to search
through, but I haven't found any references to sweeping all of 10m.

Ideas? Looking for examples of SDRs that can do this, software, some
basic settings.

Thanks.

Kurt