Re: Feature request: LOWER FFT resolution options in SDR#

jdow

On 20211020 21:47:04, Bob Dengler wrote:
At 10/20/2021 05:00 PM, you wrote:
And if you get that you will whine that the bins do not fall in the right place.
Well if they aren't centered I'd think that could be fixed by tweaking the LO freq.

That is the LAST thing I want to do. It is what I have to do with SDRC.

Why might you be logging peaks rather than power.
I'd like to record total channel power like HDSDR does, but peak power is all the SNR logger plugin will do.  Since one application is simply to compare signal strength over time, peak vs. total doesn't matter so long as it's consistent.

Bob NO6B

It sounds like the SNR plugin is as broken as I expected. Good luck with it. I don't think your FFT approach will solve the issue properly; but, I could be wrong.