Re: CTCSS plugin #sdrsharp

jdow

"Concretely, how is this done?"

I guess it was you. If you are a programmer I'd expect you to understand concepts such as multiple buffers, fifos, and the like. If you are not the explanation gets a little boringly long.

And I'm feeling a lot more blunt than usual. I woke up at a very low energy level and that makes be cranky. "It's a featuer" of Aspergers,

{^_^}   Joanne

On 20210827 03:00:08, Patrick wrote:
@jdow : Who is your comment for ?

Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 11:50, jdow <jdow@...> a écrit :
You are kidding, right? Or else you are 100.000% not a programmer. Which is it so I can pitch my reply to your level.
{o.o}

On 20210827 02:22:43, Patrick wrote:
Concretely, how is this done ?

Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 11:05, prog <info@...> a écrit :
On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 10:25 AM, Patrick wrote:
Indeed ! I just found his message.

" As for the CTCSS plug-in, I don't see an immediate solution to fixing this.
The method the plug-in uses requires a few zero crossings to occur in the audio buffer to detect the tone.
Because the new SDR# (1822) has reduced its audio buffer size, the plug-in is no longer able to see the minimum amount of zero crossings to detect any tones. For me the number of samples in the buffer went from 1664 to 256".

I hope Prog will find a way to fix this glitch.
So basically this plugin never worked with low latency sound cards.
=> Buffer the samples you get and only process when your reach the right size.