Re: Pocsag plugin on Github

David Patton

Torbjorn,

Can you share the steps you used to install it? Was it via Github?

Thank you,

David

On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 9:01 AM Tobbe <mrvips@...> wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

I did probably miss what Prog said about it, but with friendly users here, the help is not far away.

That was very easy to install, and it worked good too. It is faster than starting PDW and change to VBcable.
Often when I have tried PDW, VBcable and SDR# the result have not been very good.

I agree there are some parts of the pocsag plugin that needs work, but it is better than nothing.

Thanks again

Torbjorn in Sweden

On Sun, Apr  4, 2021 at 06:48 AM, Tobbe wrote:

> This looks promising. How do I get it to work?
>
> Which dll to use and where can I find a ‘magic line’?

For latest versions of sdrsharp just download the plugin release archive and extract the files to your plugins folder. No requirement to create an plugin initialisation line.
Procedure coverd by Prog when it was introduced.

Plugin is a nice idea but so far lacks useful, indeed, essential features such as supressing duplicate messages, labelling of pager IDs, filtering messages based on content.
Author is obviously in the UK and on the PageOne national freq shown there will be LOT of repetition/uninteresting messages