Re: If you like SDR#, Don't Pirate SDR#

Brian Gregory <bdgregory@...>

What do you regard as a decent AV then?

I've just given up with Malwarebytes since they seem incapable of releasing something that doesn't break lots of other things on my PC.

Most people say just use Microsoft because they at least have some idea how to hook into Windows without breaking other stuff.

It seems that the instructions Microsoft gave me to force a virus database update when I reported spyserver.exe as a false positive were wrong and actually left me with a corrupt virus database. But I've fixed it now by doing

MpCmdRun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All

and rebooting immediately afterwards.

Brian Gregory.
bdgregory@...
www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk
(Home)
On 16/10/2020 08:00, prog wrote:

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:07 PM, Brian Gregory wrote:
This pirating of SDR#?

It must be someone who works at Microsoft.

More and more bits of the revised less piratable SDR# keep getting quarantined by Microsoft AV!
It's ridiculous.
I just lost SDRSharp.exe because Microsoft quarantined it!!
False positive. Get a decent antivirus.