Re: New SDR# AM co-channel interference canceller

jdow

I should dig out some notes from the late 70s I took with regards to my thinking and experimenting with that concept. It should do in any patents that are still unexpired. (In the US it appears patents last 17 years from grant or 20 years from application per owner's choice. So 1999 sounds like either prior art to revoke a patent or long enough the patent is surely dead.)

{o.o}

On 20201016 01:17:31, Simon Brown wrote:

FWIW

"Tune SSB Automatically", Robert Dick, QEX, January 1999, pp 9-18 may possibly be patented , I remember seeing articles for very similar technology which certainly are patented.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io> On Behalf Of h. garcia
Sent: 16 October 2020 06:48
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: [airspy] New SDR# AM co-channel interference canceller

Hi prog, everyone,

prog, I'm completely amazed with the results you shared Twitter of the new AM co-channel interference canceller (links below). Awesome results!!!

I wonder if you could also explain a bit what's the basic signal processing or physical properties used to achieve such good results. I wonder if your work is a distant relative of phenomena described on the article "Tune SSB Automatically", Robert Dick, QEX, January 1999, pp 9-18 (kudos to Simon Brown to bring the article to this list back on July/2017. The article is attached, and Robert explained he discovered the SSB auto-tuning while researching on voice-over-voice interference mitigation.

Join airspy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.