Re: Airspy HF+ spare cable

Brian Gregory

I was lucky. I got a new laptop computer and as long as I use one of theĀ USB ports on the left hand side there isn't much USB noise. For even lower noise I operate off battery without AC power connected.

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 at 09:15, h. garcia <pu3hag.l@...> wrote:
Hi Brian. Are you still fighting USB noise? Have you identified any approaches that seem mitigate it?

I suspect I have a USB noise issue, though I haven't made yet an in-depth investigation. So far, the only way I had AirSpy Discovery useable on MW was using an antenna 2-winding coil over a large cardboard box. I have the Youloop, but it's picking up too much noise.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020, 1:17 PM Brian Gregory <bdgregory@...> wrote:
Ferrites where the cable just passes through once have very little
effect at HF frequencies.

So don't worry much about finding a cable with ferrites, or adding
ferrites to a more standard cable.

When I've actually had a problem with HF interference coming down the
USB cable a big ferrite toroid with 8 turns of USB cable through it made
only a slight difference.

Brian Gregory.
bdgregory@...
www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk