Re: AirSpy You Loop Passive Magnetic Loop antenna ? #airspydiscovery

jdow

Adjust from low gain upwards until the SNR on weak signals stops improving on the highest frequency which is of interest.

{^_^}

On 20200323 15:24:01, DXer wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 05:40 PM, n2msqrp wrote:
Thanks. I see the pot what is the recommended gain setting?
Taking into account the reviews again, and how the impedance varies depending on the tuned frequency, it's really a case of experimenting with the 'final' improved version at its permanent placement location.
In my case, I had two instances of SDR-Console driving AirSpy SDRs, one connected to a Mini-Whip, the other to the MLA-30. I adjusted for best SNR in the frequency segments that interest me the most. Since my antenna standard was a Mini-Whip, the loop is 'optimized' against that, but SNR is SNR.
73 de Vince, VA3VF