Re: Live Linux distro #airspydiscovery

Greg Ella

I downloaded this on a Linux machine and burned it to a USB thumb drive.  I've been using Linux almost exclusively
for years, and I'm always making bootable thumb drives in order to try new distros.  This thumb drive would not
boot.  There is a readme file on the thumb drive saying to run a bat file that is in a Linux folder, also on the drive.
That procedure is supposed to make the thumb drive bootable.  I have never seen a requirement like this before,
and I did not try it, because I don't want to run a strange executable on my machine.  Maybe I will try it on a
Raspberry Pi.

Greg Ella
N0EMP

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 7:02 AM jdow <jdow@...> wrote:
What do you see when you plug the disk in with another OS install up and
running? If you see a lot of files it probably should work. If you see one file
with a name that is the same as the file you burned you did it wrong. Study how
to burn an ISO image with the tool you have available. Ask google.
{^_^}