Re: The YouLoop antenna is on sale #announcements

dave_bunyan

If you can manage a little bit of home construction the 30dB LNA boards on ebay that go for a few dollars work extremely well with a 1.2 m magnetic shielded loop I built a couple of years ago. I just added a 470uH (or 1 mH) axial choke between the rf out and +Vcc for line powering. The board to go for is the one with the round LNA chip. It's worth a go - it should be well under $10. Of course you have to have something to send 12 volts up the coax. I had a 12v/1A linear wall wart so built a really simple DC injector as 'googled'.