Re: Spectrum Frequency Axis display issue in R1732 - with low sample rate

Ian DXer

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 09:05 PM, prog wrote:
Use hfplus_ppb.exe and a real calibrated signal generator. We have been discussing this for years.
I couldn't recall mention & usage of hfplus_ppb.exe & only really find it's usage mentioned once in msg#30767 when searching the messages.
I see the file in firmware package. Any videos showing usage for interest sake?
I used debug mode 1 to change clk as per earlier advisement if needed. Some of the early units weren't calibrated as well
as they should have been I thought I recall some saying in past & offsets lost during firmware upgrades etc.
A real calibrated signal generator would be nice to have, but all precision test equipment needs regular & probable expensive calibration too...
Anyway...I understand you don't want others getting themselves in trouble, especially when not needed with recent units etc..

>Another MW Offset DX chaser ;-)
Hi Patrick,
Not really. I find studying these local MW xband offsets exhausting :-)
Just a useful tool with Spectrum Lab etc for keeping a tab on the local band re changes here for others to benefit from.
Thanks for your interesting comments.
Cheers

Ian