Re: Airpspy HF+ support for OpenWebrRX #raspberrypi

Alberto I2PHD

On 2019-12-21 22:24, jdow wrote:
Try it Grasshopper.

"su -l" logs you in as root. It asks for the password IF it is not already
running as root as with "sudo". You need your user password exactly once.

Joanne and Tomasz, you are taking me too much literally....
Editing a file with Kate from the GUI was just an example....

Issue, as per Joanne suggestion, the  "su -l"  command, and give the right password.
Now start Dolphin on the GUI and try, as an example, to delete the file  /etc/host  which is owned by root,
or to in general to perform an action a bit more invasive than just reading it, on a file owned by root...
If you haven't logged in as root from the initial screen of Debian, that will be impossible.

And please don't tell me that I could use the command  rm  on the command line to delete that file...
That I do know.  Please tell me how could I perform *any* operation on a root-owned file, from the GUI,
without logging in initially from the login screen as root.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD
<<< http://www.weaksignals.com >>>