Airpspy HF+ support for OpenWebrRX #raspberrypi

dd5jfk@...

Good evening list,

I am pleased to announce that thanks to the great support of Youssef over at Airspy and the guys from WiMo I was able to integrate support for the new HF+ and Discovery series SDRs into my fork of OpenWebRX.

OpenWebRX is a web-based SDR receiver, that allows multiple users to listen to the same frequency band at the same time, requiring no more than a web browser.

I have started to work on the project, that was originally conceived by András, HA7ILM, and have made a number of enhancements of modifications. It is now capable of decoding digital voice modes (DMR, D-Star, NXDN, YSF) on VHF and UHF, as well as the popular WSJT-X digital modes (FT8, FT4, JT9, JT65 and WSPR) on shortwave. I am providing simple-to-use images for Raspberry Pi single-board computers, and you can download the most recent build that includes Airspy support from this link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/de.dd5jfk.openwebrx/2019-12-10-OpenWebRX-full.zip The image is based on the popular Raspbian distribution, so it should be easy to get started. A quick run-through of how to install the image onto an SD-Card can be found here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/

You can find the source code on github: https://github.com/jketterl/openwebrx - it will work on pretty much any linux, but there is some dependencies. Check the github wiki for more details.

I am including a sample configuration for an Airspy HF+ as an attachment, it includes a bunch of amateur radio bands, but you can of course edit it to fit your needs. The sample also comes with background decoding enabled, so make sure to check the map.

If you have any questions, comments, bugs, requests, ideas... please let me know!

73s and have fun on the air!
Jakob DD5JFK