Re: Understanding the frequency calibration

Patrick

All I actually need is accurate readings on the MW band, so it should be fine.

<< your calculation is only valid when center frequency is >= 300 kHz >>
I set the center frequency to 500 kHz and the  reading remains 198.001
Tried different sample rates, same result. That's probably too complicated for my tiny brain !

Just out if curiosity, how can I simply read the correct frequency, i.e 198.000 or 162.000 for TDF ?

Thanks.

Le mer. 30 oct. 2019 à 16:56, prog <info@...> a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 04:49 PM, Patrick wrote:
  0.198 : +1 Hz    (???)
Assuming a sample rate of 768 ksps, your calculation is only valid when center frequency is >= 300 kHz. Below that, you should use 300kHz for the calculation of the offset, because the physical LO is fixed there. For other sample rates, you should use different offsets in the calculation.