Re: Transmission lines, Input match and Connectors #bestpractice #experiment

kb3cs

the Windsor Star article reminds me of this story:
  https://hackaday.com/2019/05/15/the-great-ohio-key-fob-mystery-or-honey-i-jammed-the-neighborhood/

  - 1g (base 57) -

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 10:52 AM, prog wrote:
[...] What could happen, however, is all these non-linearity problems that could be introduced by bad contacts (mostly in connectors), bad cables, and even rusty metallic structures surrounding the antenna that could mix signals and translate them into unexpected frequencies. Here's an example from the recent memory: https://www.pressreader.com/canada/windsor-star/20191009/281517932872802
I have seen this happen too many times to ignore it. Many experienced ops overlook these details.