Re: New Noise Reduction Algorithm for SDR#

Alberto I2PHD

On 2019-08-27 4:29, Bryon NF6M wrote:

Running as Admin with UAC disabled is a sure way to install a malware/spyware virus before you know it, which is why Admin/root accounts don't usually even allow direct logins by default in either Windows or Linux. It makes you easily susceptible to malicious websites exploiting vulnerabilities in a browser to execute privileged code as root. You may think you don't have a virus, but then the malware authors may have just wanted you to keep thinking that. 😉 It's not recommended to do that sort of thing, especially on any machine you'll put on the internet.

Then I must be particularly lucky.... Bitdefender, Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, and some others (run every few days...) declare my PC clean and smelling like a rose, despite adventuring on Internet daily with all those paranoid shields turned off.. and this has been true for the past 35 years or so...

The secret is not to be stupid, and to pay attention when you click on a link... doing so only after having carefully verified where that link really points to, not relying only on its name.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD
<<< http://www.weaksignals.com >>>