Re: New Noise Reduction Algorithm for SDR#

BryonB

I have an Inno Setup script that I've used. It's a fine open-source installation package tool.

I stopped updating and using it though.

It was difficult to setup "standard" locations of folders per Windows guidelines, with executables under "program files" and config files under "AppData," since SDR# and the other utilities expect the configuration files in the same location as executables.

For the programs to be able to update their config files under "program files," they would need to run elevated as Admin. That isn't good security practice, and it generates UAC prompts for most users at launch.

It would help if there was a way to tell SDR# to get it's config from an alternate location - or if it had a second "standard" AppData folder location that it would look for them in as well. An installer could let users choose certain options/locations and keep track of them in the Windows registry also.

Using an installer would make running multiple parallel installations trickier. It would be a nice option for those
who just want to download and install one copy with fewer hassles though.

I now use a Ruby script that checks the website for a newer version and downloads it and expands the .zip for me, if needed. It fires up the WinMerge tool afterward, so I can see what changed, and merge across plugins and config file changes to the new folder.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 6:53 am Mitch, <ab4mw@...> wrote:
I will make an installer of the latest and link you to it for your testing.

On Aug 26, 2019, at 08:55, prog <info@...> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 02:43 PM, Mitch wrote:
A simple installer program could take care of most this automatically.  If wanted, I would be happy to create the script for the dev team with free and open source tools.
That would help a lot. Much appreciated!