Re: Installer

Mitch

Inno is what I use and it does create an application specific tracking GUID for the program to make updates more simple and reliable and which enters it into the Windows "Apps and Features" so it can be tastefully managed by the OS.  Otherwise, it's simply un-compresses itself into the installation folder.  It's very convenient for users to have a 5 click solution to a new version with no jacking up of their configuration files.

Creating an updated installer is opening the script, setting a date or version, and clicking one button, so hardly a chore.

On 8/26/19 10:07 AM, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
From: Mitch

I will make an installer of the latest and link you to it for your testing.

I do hope the Zip file remains, as I hate it when an installer does who-knows-what behind your back!

I do provide an installer for some of my own programs, but it's much easier to release a Zip of the items which have changed rather than having to make a fresh "official release" each time.

I recommend the free Inno Setup as the most friendly and best supported installer:

 http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Cheers,
David