Airspy tools only work with sudo #bestpractice

Mark Venables

Hi everyone,
Got my airspy mini yesterday. Very happy. I'm in raspbian, followed instructions carefully.

Can only get spyserver/airspy_rx/airspy_info etc to work when prefaced with sudo command. At which point everything is fab. BUT.

Airspy quick start says "Sometimes things only magically work with sudo" which doesn't really cut it.

Especially if I was to use crontab as a standard user for automated rx for eg APT/LRPT weather satellite stuff.
Any thoughts or should I look more generally at how sudo should work.
Thanks.