Re: Using HF+ and HF+ discovery.

D R

Hi David,

I'm still waiting for my Discovery to arrive, but SDRC recognises both of my older HF+ radios as individual units and runs them simultaneously.  I'd have expected that it will do the same with the Discovery, as it should have its own unique serial number.  I'll confirm it when I get my hands on it (it's still in Shanghai according to the latest tracking info).

Regards,
Dave

On Tuesday, 13 August 2019, 13:07:53 GMT+1, david via Groups.Io <zinc65@...> wrote:

Like David Taylor, I'm in the outer parts of Scotland and my Discovery
arrived (UK Royal Mail) this morning.

I had to unplug the HF+ to use the Discovery, too. SDR# wouldn't recognise
the new rig until I did. Using SDR-Console is the same. The Discovery is an
HF+, as far as my install is concerned.

Not fair to do any testing in the middle of the day, but there are already a
lot of DGPS signals to be found around 300kHz, and the local NDB's are every
bit as strong as you could hope.
Using RWM on 14.996MHz, the receiver is presently 4Hz high. I'll leave it to
'settle' for a day before I make any corrections. As an LF listener, I can
live with 4 parts in 15million for the time being.
It looks, for now, as if I shall have to use separate PCs if I want to use
the Discovery and the HF+ at the same time. I'm looking forward to a good
'soak-test' when the atmosphere starts to cooperate a bit more.

David, GM8XBZ