AstroSpy #radioastronomy #21cm #1420mhz

erbe.joshua@...

I have the Airspy Mini and I have built a horn antenna, I'm using 2 LNA4ALLs and a 1420-1470 MHz bandpass filter in between them. I think I have picked up the hydrogen emission signal. I would like to know more about Astro Spy software. Specifically, what is it doing? What does the the integration time do? Does the program average the signal strength over the time indicated by the Integration time box?

I went to the Airspy website to see if I could email them directly but it seems like this is the place to contact Airspy so I would like to hear from the company directly but if anyone else has experience with this program or knows what it does, I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.