Re: Beginner Questions: spyserver config

Joe M.

"Auto-sensing" LAN port is the term I've usually seen used for it. I could not recall it until you posted the info.

Maybe I just buy better PCs than most people. Unless the need specifies something different (like a Surface or iPad), I usually prefer Dell.

I have noticed some of my recent Micro PC purchases (over a dozen so far) do not all have Serial ports. They all do have the stamp in the case for them, though. Also, some have WiFi and some don't.

Joe M.

On 2/20/2019 6:41 PM, Micah Stevens wrote:
It's called the MDI-X spec. Most modern interfaces support it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable#Automatic_crossover

.. but not all. It's important to be aware of the issue as you suggested.

On 2/20/19 2:11 PM, Tom Snyder wrote:
On what do you base your statement of: "Most PCs will auto-configure
so the crossover is not needed", I've never seen any literature to
support.