Re: Multiple SpyServer instances running concurrently with SDR#

Ben Z en de rest

Hi Youssef, thanks for your reply.

Please be kind. I do like your software a lot, however, "Do your homework" ?

I did read and follow all instructions, even the one for the recommended method to run multibple instances with multiple configs. I talked about rtl-sdr in my message, thought it was clear that I try to run it with 2 rtl-sdr dongles which have been given  a serial number wih rtl_eeprom but that does not seem to be useful in the spyserver.config because of the fact that the serial numbers seems to need to be a hexadecimal number which only appears to be possible when using Airspy receivers. I have 4 different Airspy units in use but not free for this purpose. They all have a daily duty for recording, playing server, creating heatmap and tracking amateur satellites.

So, I try to run 2 instances of Spyserver, with 2 different config files, from one folder, with 2 rtl sdr dongles. Still the Spyserver only claims an rtl sdr dongle when a remote receiver connects, making it impossible to make shure that the receiver does get connected to the right rtl-sdr dongle. One is setup with a converter and is connected to that converter, however, the Spyserver could find the rld-sdr dongle which is connected to a normal 430 MHz antenna and serve that with the converter settings, showing a wrong frequency and not giving the stations one wants to receive.

Hope you can help me to solve this problem,
Kind regards,
Ben - PE2BZ

Op di 22 jan. 2019 om 16:05 schreef prog <info@...>:

[Edited Message Follows]

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 03:51 PM, <hoofdeigenwijs@...> wrote:

I am running 2 instances of the server from 2 different folders does not help. I tried that and I think the problem is that the Spyserver only claims the USB device if someone connect to it. I can run the spyserver, no clients connected, than I can start SDRSharp which runs the rtl-sdr which I did want to "assign" to the server and then when a client connects Spyserver says it cannot clame the usb device.

I try to setup one Spyserver with converter, 13 cm down to 1492 MHz which works quite nice, but if the "other spyserver" tuned to 436 MHz gets the dongle which is connected to the downconverter the rx is unusable.

I have 2 dongles with different serial number, is there a chance that either Spyserver claims the dongle right after the start and stays connected to that dongle so that I can start the 2 spyserver instances in order ?

Thanks,

Ben

Dongle is a very board term nowadays. What dongle? Are you sure your serial number is an actual serial number and not an index? Why do you run the server in multiple folders? Are you aware of the recommended method used to run multiple instances of the server with multiple configs?

I am exposing two HF+ devices from home using two instances of SpyServer with specific configurations residing in the same folder and they do not "steal" the devices from each other.

If you read carefully the old discussions in this mailing list, you will probably get all the answers. Do your homework.