From: main@airspy.groups.io [mailto:main@airspy.groups.io] On Behalf Of David
J Taylor via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2018 12:35 PM
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] AstroSpy - automatic csv logging #radioastronomy

Dear Developers
Long ago we requested the feature for data logging out of AstroSpy and we
received the answer, that all the development power was focused on the release
of the HF+. Because the HF+ is now out and running, I would like to bring up
the question again.
Is it possible to extend AstroSpy for a periodically logging of the data into
a csv or other kind of file?

Many thanks for your support
HB9DRT, Joe
============================

This is something many would find useful. I have a need for a simple
programing interface to set frequency, and measure power. OK, you would need
one-off receiver/mode/bandwidth setting as well, but that /could/ be done
manually.

There is a sample plug-in available (Windows C# I think), so perhaps check
that and see whether the signal level is something which is available as an
output. There must be enough people writing plug-ins to at least state
whether it is possible or not without having to extend the present software.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...