locked Re: VLF Reception

D R

Hi Alan,

You were hearing Krasnodar and the double pulse from Novosibirsk in that recording.  Here's what they looked like on my HF+ and Wellbrook LFL1010 loop.

Regards,
Dave

On Friday, 11 May 2018, 11:35:13 GMT+1, Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:

> Anyone wanting to test their VLF reception can now do so at the bottom
> end of HF+ range again, as the Russian Alpha navigation signals are now
> back on air after a near four month shutdown.  The 11.90, 12.65 and
> 14.88kHz signals are coming in well in the UK at the moment.

Dave,

Thanks, I'd almost given up looking.
My HF+ does have the R3 mod. The only reception I get is on my discone,
so I'd suggest anyone tries any "stupid" antenna they have.
(I've also tried my Wellbrook, various wires, dipoles, e-probes,
vertical to simulate the discone's situation and receive nothing there.)
The discone also did very well on SAQ hearing the carrier leakage before
they started keying. Surely I can make something better...

73 Alan G4ZFQ