Re: Newbie material on HF+(more)

jdow

Personally I wish they'd go away. But, I don't push that sentiment because the contest is as much a part of the hobby as the informal ragchew.

{^_^}

On 20180411 07:11, n2msqrp wrote:
This is my biggest complaint for most contests. Usually and operator has to send additional information as well as an exchange of callsigns, therefore signal reports are exchanged. In an attempt to rack up contacts and minimize errors they send standardized reports. Since this bogus report does not convey any information I consider this noise.
I wish contesters would send a realistic signal report or none at all and exchange another bit of information such as a gridsquare.
Mike n2MS

On April 11, 2018 at 5:23 AM prog <@prog> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 05:57 pm, Leif Asbrink wrote:

On HF as I understand the report is always 59 or
599 (to save time.)

And this is exactly what separates RF engineers from amateurs. This must change.