Re: Newbie material on HF+(more)

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

That's where the XG-3 comes in -- it has output levels of -107, -73, -33 and 0 dBm, which are adequately stable and accurate for my purposes.  That said, I'm less interested in the absolute level than being able to repeat the measurement conditions from one moment in time to another.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/6/2018 1:43 PM, Dana Myers wrote:

If you're interested in measuring your absolute background noise level,
I'd think you're going to need something to calibrate your receiver - regardless
of which receiver you're using. I mean, it sounds like what you really want
is an instrument more than a receiver, right?

73,
Dana  K6JQ