Re: Newbie material on HF+(more)

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Alan, I've clearly missed a whole block of info - where are these development notes? I suspect my confusion lies in part in both the Airspy HF+ and SDR# sharing a developer, or so I've been told.  See, I really *am* a newbie.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/6/2018 1:49 PM, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:

what I am primarily interested in at this moment is measuring my background noise level

Pete,

If you looked back at the development notes by ""prog" you would see that the first principle was to make the AGC do all the work, with S/N important, true measurements unsupported. Since release more improvements have made this even better for most casual users.

But you may now disable the AGC, set the gain as you wish, and use something like HDSDR to calibrate levels.

73 Alan G4ZFQ