Re: Newbie material on HF+(more)

Dana Myers

On 4/6/2018 7:00 AM, Pete Smith wrote:

This is all very well, and I am sure that it is technically correct, but what I am primarily interested in at this moment is measuring my background noise level and tracking what will hopefully be improvements as the power company does its thing. So yes, it's all about SNR, but the question is relating what I see now to what I saw last month or last year using a good hardware receiver.

If you're interested in measuring your absolute background noise level,
I'd think you're going to need something to calibrate your receiver - regardless
of which receiver you're using. I mean, it sounds like what you really want
is an instrument more than a receiver, right?

73,
Dana  K6JQ