From: Per-Tore Aasestrand <ptaa32@...>
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2018, 15:50
Subject: Re: [airspy] Flashing: Failed to install the driver

I just performed the Erase function on the HF+.
Afterwards, the flashing of V1.6.5 went OK.

But when I attempted to flash (in the normal way) an older version, I ran into the same problem again.

I wonder what can be wrong here...

73,

Per-Tore / LA7NO

On 30 March 2018 at 19:19, Per-Tore Aasestrand <ptaa32@...> wrote:
I started to uninstall systematically programs that were installed or updated after my last successful flashing of the HF+. It did not help.

I then noticed that the Arduino USB driver is being used by the flashing process. So, I uninstalled my Arduino IDE and installed the latest version. This time I came a bit further in the Flash.bat file: It managed to install the driver.

However, unplugging the HF+, rebooting the PC and reconnecting the HF+ did not help. Each time I attempted the flashing, I got this result:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
Airspy HF+ Flash Utility
Looking for a suitable flashable device...
No Instance(s) Available.
Looking for a suitable flashing driver...
find: /I: No such file or directory
find: oem: No such file or directory
No suitable driver found.
Checking Windows architecture...

Installing the driver...
Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf :            arduino-org.inf
Successfully installed the driver on a device on the system.
Driver package added successfully.
Published name :            oem213.inf

Total attempted:              1
Number successfully imported: 1

No Instance(s) Available.
Looking for a suitable flashing driver...
find: /I: No such file or directory
find: oem: No such file or directory
Please disconnect the device and reboot your computer.
Once rebooted, connect the device and run the flashing program again.
Press a key to close.

I have tried different USB ports, but still not on a different PC.

Regards,

Per-Tore / LA7NO