Re: Gain control #HF+
1) Is this with a 50 ohm dummy load attached?toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
2) Better, is this with a low noise signal generator set to about -70 dBm IN the band of measurement attached?
3) Do you know what you are measuring?
4) Do you know how to interpret what you are measuring?
5) Do you know what measurements matter?
Item 2 is the way you are going to get the best measurements for the AirSpy HF+'s noise floor. If you have a REAL antenna for HF use, do you realize that AirSpy HF+ noise is the LEAST of your noise problems, some of which are endemic to a real world environment within this universe at approximately this distance from a furiously radiating fusion heat generator?
On 20180313 06:01, Pete Smith wrote:
I am trying to use my Airspy to qantitatively assess the noise environment at my QTH, and I'm seeing what seem to be significant gain variations between the ham bands and other frequencies. Is this the case, and are there provisions for setting up a flat profile as well?