Re: USB cable quality and QRM in a spyserver setup with an Airspy Hf+ and Raspberry PI3. 6 microUSB cable test. #airspyhfplus #bestpractice #raspberrypi

Dana Myers

On 3/13/2018 6:42 PM, Pete Smith wrote:

Can you elaborate, Dana.  What were the characteristics of the noise that was helped by changing out the cable?  I ask because my shack is full of USB cables and I have suspicions about their contribution to my noise floor.

It came in various forms.

More innocuous noise was seen as repetitive spikes in the waterfall.
It made me think I had a monitor or TV leaking into my actual receiving
antenna and it was pretty much everywhere on HF.

For a 2-pack of 10' cables, $17 on eBay was a deal.

73,
Dana  K6JQ