Re: USB cable quality and QRM in a spyserver setup with an Airspy Hf+ and Raspberry PI3. 6 microUSB cable test. #airspyhfplus #bestpractice #raspberrypi

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Can you elaborate, Dana.  What were the characteristics of the noise that was helped by changing out the cable?  I ask because my shack is full of USB cables and I have suspicions about their contribution to my noise floor.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 3/13/2018 5:57 PM, Dana Myers wrote:

Thank you very much for sharing this research. I noted a substantial improvement in RFI when I replaced my no-name cable with a Volutz cable. Just brilliant information.

Thanks and 73,
Dana  K6JQ