Re: Gain control #HF+

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Can't really quantify.  This is something I encountered while doing a full HF survey for RFI.  I ran into one emitter of clear signals every 8 KHz, and noticed that it jumped up in strength on the ham bands as compared to 1-MHz slices above and below the bands.  What I was wondering is whether the Airspy HF+ has different preamp gains settable by band, or whether gain is supposed to be uniform across the HF range.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 3/13/2018 9:41 AM, prog wrote:

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 06:36 am, Pete Smith wrote:
I'm seeing what seem to be significant gain variations between the ham bands and other frequencies.

How significant is "significant"? What are the numbers? What is your test setup? And what are your expectations in dB?