Re: Airspyhf+ flashing

John Fonseca

With the first HF+ I got (part of pre-order batch via Airspy.us) I had no problems flashing.  I just couldn't do it on my main desktop PC because the virtual com port system used by my RigExpert TI-8 interfered with the Bossa com port assignment.

However, I ordered a 2nd one that came last week and on the same laptop I use to keep the the original HF+ updated, using the same procedure, didn't work the first 3 or so times I tried it.  The HF+ would stay in normal mode after erasing it and Windows would never detect the Bossa com port.  I also tried flashing without erasing first and that also failed.  I kept trying it and on the 4th or 5th attempt it worked normally and I could do the update.

I'm not sure if this is happening for others having an issue with flashing and you just need to keep trying until it works.  As I said, I never had this problem with the original one.  That one worked on the first shot on the same Win10 laptop used for the 2nd one (and for subsequent updates on my original HF+).

John