Re: USB cable quality and QRM in a spyserver setup with an Airspy Hf+ and Raspberry PI3. 6 microUSB cable test. #airspyhfplus #bestpractice #raspberrypi

jdow

At a guess he means "Blitzwolf" not a name that sounds like the silly CNN announcer. "Blitzwolf USB Cable" turns up a large Panamax boatload and a half of references on Giggle er Google.

{^_^}

On 20180311 13:44, Patrick wrote:
Hi Dave,
Could you please provide the reference of the shielded cable you mention ?
Thanks.
Hi David,
I'm currently using Wolfblitz shielded cables I bought on Banggood, and I've
found them to be very good indeed.  I've been running an ELAD S2, an RSP1A
and an HF+ simultaneously without a trace of PC/USB noise on any of them,
whereas previously it took a ton of ferrite to get rid of about 90% of it -
on supposedly "good quality" cables.  No ferrite is needed on the new cables.
I think they are only made with microUSB or Type-C connectors at the device
end, so I had to get a couple of microUSB to Type B adapters for the S2 and
RSP1A, but they don't appear to have compromised the end to end shielding. They aren't expensive when bought direct, and are well worth a look.
Regards,
Dave