Re: Airspyhf+ flashing

jdow

Um, bring up the device manager. Unplug the unit. Wait a minute or so. Device manager should self update it's display. Plug in the unit. If it is erased it should come up as a serial port after device manager thinks a little bit. Try rescanning for equipment changes. (Highlight one of the device classifications, any one. Then the Action menu will over "Scan for hardware changes".) If none of them shows a new device is found you're into needing Youssef or somebody to help. If a device comes up with a yellow question mark it suggests it is something the system does not recognize. That is also a job for Youssef and company. It should come up as a BOSSA serial port, in an ideal world after it has been erased.

DO NOTE: After erasure UNPLUG IT. Then plug it in. Then try to flash it. Some steps on the initial flashing process may seem silly. They are not.

{^_^}

On 20180311 12:47, Mark Taylor wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for all the ideas:  Here's what I've done.  Cumulative and stopping with each step to try.  So far no luck.
- Scraped the erase pads and re erased the unit, being careful to hold it for a full 1 second.  Took all external devices off my laptop.  Checked the computer that Port 10, 11, 12 wasn't in use.  (In fact no ports were listed.) Same as previously.
- Changed cable.  Same as previously.
- turned off virus protection, internet, and firewall.  Same as previously.
I think those were the relevant suggestions I hadn't tried before.
Repeated this on 2 other computers with same responses - 1 laptop and 1 desktop.  Originally on a MSI laptop, then a Lenovo laptop, then a HP desktop.
It's pretty clear that the flash software isn't finding the unit even with downloading the flash software to 3 machines.
Other suggestions?
Thanks
Mark
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 9:55 AM, Alberto I2PHD <@I2PHD <mailto:@I2PHD>> wrote:
Just a small note based on my personal experience. At first, shorting the
two "Erase" pads as shown in the photo did not work...
Then I realized that maybe the pads could have been covered by a transparent
layer of protective (and insulating...) paint.
I disconnected the unit from the USB port, and gently scraped the top of the
two pads so to expose the bare solder.
Then I reconnected the unit to the USB port, and repeat the shorting procedure.
This time everything worked as it should, and was able to correctly flash
the firmware.
--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
Credo Ut Intelligam/