From: Patrick <aunumero73@...>
To: main@airspy.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 11 March 2018, 20:45
Subject: Re: [airspy] USB cable quality and QRM in a spyserver setup with an Airspy Hf+ and Raspberry PI3. 6 microUSB cable test. #airspyhfplus #bestpractice #raspberrypi

Hi Dave,

Could you please provide the reference of the shielded cable you mention ?
Thanks.

Hi David,

I'm currently using Wolfblitz shielded cables I bought on Banggood, and I've found them to be very good indeed.  I've been running an ELAD S2, an RSP1A and an HF+ simultaneously without a trace of PC/USB noise on any of them, whereas previously it took a ton of ferrite to get rid of about 90% of it - on supposedly "good quality" cables.  No ferrite is needed on the new cables.

I think they are only made with microUSB or Type-C connectors at the device end, so I had to get a couple of microUSB to Type B adapters for the S2 and RSP1A, but they don't appear to have compromised the end to end shielding.  They aren't expensive when bought direct, and are well worth a look.

Regards,
Dave