Re: USB cable quality and QRM in a spyserver setup with an Airspy Hf+ and Raspberry PI3. 6 microUSB cable test. #airspyhfplus #bestpractice #raspberrypi

David Ranch

Hello EA5ZL,

Thanks for taking the time to write this up and it's quite illuminating to see how poor some of those cables are.  I too have run into cables that LOOK like their quality made with built-in ferrites on both ends, etc. only to find their crap.  I wish we could find a reliable source of "RF tight" cables that both consistently good and aren't outrageously priced.

Anyway.. I look forward to your results on the OrangePi to see if it's any better.  Btw.. why the OrangePi vs. say a Tinkerboard or a Pine64 or other?  There are SO many SBCs out there now but it's impossible to beat the community and support found with the Raspberry Pi boards.

--David
KI6ZHD