Last February I got surprised for the QRM emitted from USB cables at the remote RX site when performing the initial setup of the SDR.
In the remote RX site, I replaced the nice working Red Pitaya SDR (Soft from Pavel Demin) with the Airspy HF3 + Raspberry PI 3B configured as a spyserver.
I soon discovered a really bad noise floor and began checking with my Swiss army tool "Tecsun PL600".
RF emission in VHF/HF from the RPi3, SDR, and cables was unacceptable. The culprit was traced to the USB cable connecting between the Rpi3 and the Airspy HF+.
Using all the USB cables available on the site and my car, I improvised a USB cable comparison test in HF and VHF whose results can be found attached to this post ( 3.2MB pdf file, I have never published before).
This is an unscientific test because it was improvised, please don't blame me for any inconsistency in the results. I had to quit testing after 2 hours because I couldn't cope with the cold and windy conditions (QTH is 950m ASL).
Conclusion: Good quality USB cables are a must in RX QTH.
I wish this can be useful and/or inspiration to others.
My best 73 all