Re: HF Plus Firmware Flashing in Linux

David Ranch

Well, I could argue that I think that I have Linux "big boy" pants but Linux doesn't have to be difficult.  The key would be to offer pre-built binaries for say Ubuntu (the Windows of the Linux world) and ideally, sources for everyone else who hates Ubuntu.  :-)

Ps.  Gqrx with the Airspy R2 on Linux works very well on Linux (Mac too)!

--David
KI6ZHD

On 02/20/2018 08:52 AM, Mike Tindor wrote:
That's an understatement if I ever heard one !    I'm glad you see it that way.    I just joined this list in the past week, and the number of people posting questions that have been asked/answered/documented is astounding.   If you threw Linux into the mix, there'd be no end to the questions by those who do not use the Search facility.

Mike

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM, prog <info@...> wrote:
No. Adding such tool only opens the doors of hell of Linux users who aren't big boys. The chaotic nature of the Linux distributions doens't help either.