locked Re: chip and airspyHF+

David Ranch

Putting it another way, even if you were able to get it running, a CHIP isn't going to have enough CPU power to keep up.  There are other small SBCs out there that have enough CPU power to run something like SpyServer but they aren't cheap (if that's your goal).  The other thing to consider is that NTC as a company is essentially dead.  They have customers who paid for products over a year ago that have yet to receive anything and I don't think they ever will:

   https://bbs.nextthing.co/t/planning-for-the-inevitable/19958

Don't get me wrong.. I think the CHIP Pro is a great SBC for low power projects.  I have two of them but I've essentially abandoned them as they have no future, no OS maintenance, etc.  Sad to see but it's pretty hard to run a solvent business when your trying to sell $9 boards against the likes of all the Raspberry Pis, *berry clones, BeagleBones, Tinkerboards, etc.  Brutal market for sure.

--David
KI6ZHD

On 02/09/2018 03:43 AM, prog wrote:
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 02:16 am, Pierre Martel wrote:
Illegal instruction
The CHIP is definitely not supported and it is not recommended for SDR in the first place, at least for the time being. It uses a very old CPU that is not worth the hassle for any developer.