Re: AirSpyHF+ ExtIO: new release #airspyhfplus

Stepan Synek

Hello,
Sorry for laic question.... but for what is the decimation useful for? What is the difference between decimation and zoom?
Example: I have set 2MHz sampling bandwidth. With the decimation set to 2 I will get 1MHz bandwidth... the same when I move zoom slider...

I thought the sampling should be better within selected range, but I didn’t see any difference in the waterfall between decimation and zoom...

When I want to get 2MHz bandwidth is better use 2MHz and decimation 1 or 8MHz and set decimation to 4 ???

Thanks for explanation
WBR Stepan