locked Re: Airspy HF+ made it to the RSGB's RadCom Magazine #airspyhfplus #review

Nils Schiffhauer

Sire - in this unique case: it were the French, not the Germans.

According to "Oxford English Dictionary", the most enviable complete dictionary of English, "receiver" comes from the Old French Word "recevere". You may construct a wire directly to Paris, where the King of Airspy HF+ resides ...

What you call a receiver, is an "Empfänger" in German ("ontvanger", the same in Dutch), coming from "fangen", or: to catch.

Please receive (!) my apologies for this topic having caught (!) my interest: Nils, DK8OK, a true follower of both Simon & Youssef

P.S. Congrats to RSGB that they put such an innovation that fast on their cover!  We Germans hopefully will also see it on the cover of February's issue of the biggest ham radio magazine here (no, not that of the counterpart of RSGB, which is just placed second in coverage ...)

Am 20.01.2018 um 08:00 schrieb Simon Brown:

Blame the Germans, they started our language.

Simon Brown, G4ELI